Wednesday, May 10, 2023

A Beautiful Evening for Flying!


The CFI (Certified Flying Instructor) that I have been flying with since the beginning has taken some time off to get some training in a turboprop aircraft in hopes of flying for a charter aircraft company, which is a huge step up the ladder for a pilot hopefully on the way to an airline career!  So tonight I started with another instructor who I had done some ground school with, and who I really liked as well. Because this was a last minute switch, I could only get him from 5 PM until 8PM tonight.  But what a beautiful evening!  Climbing out from Mac Arthur Airport, as we approached Long Island Sound, I said to him: "Can you take the airplane, please?"  And he responded "Sure, are you OK?"  "Oh yeah, I just want to take some photographs!"  So this is the first one, with a hazy sun behind the clouds and reflecting off the water.

Only a short while later, this was the second scene worth photographing!  The bright sun became a hazy red ball because of the clouds and the evening haze.  How lucky could a photographer be to get both of these photographs on a single evening, from 2000 feet!  What an amazingly beautiful evening!





 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Spectacular photos! What a beautiful scene and amazing after a little time, the change in color between the two photos. Absolutely stunning! Trace

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos. I love the one with the red haze. Happy you had a great evening flying.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Both photos are great but the red sun photo is stunning! Glad you enjoyed your flying time so much. Betsey

ken schwarz said...

No doubt your spirits are flying high at the controls of a small plane and with wonderful views of Long Island Sound as day gives way to night!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments and your enjoyment of my photographs from the airplane! This is why I love to fly, days like this!