Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Over the Fence


I made a change in equipment this year when I went to the Memorial Day Parade.  Usually I just brought one camera and one zoom lens, a 24mm to 70mm zoom.  This year I brought a second camera with just one lens on it, a Canon with a 50mm to 250mm lens, which, because this camera has a smaller sensor, it translates to an 80mm to 400mm focal length.  Which means I can really reach out to the distance to get close images from far away.  I did that here. They didn't even know I was there.  I loved this man leaning his fence talking to passersby.  I took a bunch of photos, and even though the conversation was friendly he never smiled, which is too bad.


 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Today's blog photo reminded me of Robert Frost's poem (Mending Wall) and the line that says "Good Fences Make Good Neighbors". I wonder what Robert Frost would have thought about this scene showing a grumpy old man leaning on a not so friendly looking fence?

Anonymous said...

Nice to see neighbors chatting across the fence during a dog walk. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: I kills me that watching the conversation for maybe 5 minutes, unnoticed, from a long distance, he never had a smile, which is what I needed for the photograph to be perfect.