Wednesday, May 24, 2023

That is Some Airplane!


I loose points for this post!  I photographed it through a window because I am not allowed on the ramp without a flight instructor.  Later, when we were out on the ramp and done flying, I should have used my camera to photograph it without glass and reflections in the way!  Epic Fail!  But this is an astounding aircraft.  It is a Cessna 208 "Caravan" on amphibious floats, meaning it can land on water or land.  And this is a turboprop aircraft.  That jet engine turning that propeller has a LOT of power.  I wish there was someone standing near the aircraft so you could see how huge it really is.  I would love to see this aircraft take off, on either land or water, but water would be more spectacular!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so much bigger than other seaplanes that you have taken photos of. Hope you had a great day of flying. Betsey

Anonymous said...

I remember you taking photos of a seaplane out in Washington State or somewhere out west. This looks so different and bigger, although the other plane was in the water. Hope you enjoyed your flight.
Joan