Saturday, May 13, 2023

Brilliant Venus Makes a Show


Tonight I went to an astronomy outreach event put on by another astronomy club.  I went because I have been asked to do a similar program in the fall, and I wanted to meet the students and see what and how the other club was going to present.  It was a nice evening, but because it was cloudy the whole program was indoors, for an hour and a half.  When the speaker was done, we had some refreshments and headed outdoors to discover the sky was mostly clear.  And there was a brilliant Venus in the dusk sky. What makes this photograph is the tree in the foreground.  I have no idea what kind of tree it is, but the silhouette of this particular tree against the sky is the most interesting thing in the photo, and Venus is frosting on the cake!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo.
Joan