Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Another Abstraction


So this is fun.  What do you think this is a photograph of?  It's an interesting pattern, right?  Maybe it looks like some mountain ranges?  So click on the photograph and see if the extra detail that is revealed will give you a clue at all.  I think in the larger size you will get some useful information.  Wait, the white stuff looks like soap suds, I think.  But what would make those overlapping patterns?  Give up?  For Mother's Day Kathy wanted to take all the furniture off the porch, and then take the rug up, and then wash the porch floor and get all the yellow pollen off.  So I used a car washing brush about 8 inches wide on the end of a handle and as I moved the brush back and forth and side to side, these were the patterns created.  It took me about 3 seconds to realize that this would make a really interesting photograph!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting photo. Glad you gave us the answer as I would not have guessed. Good job for a sunny day.
Joan

Linda said...

This is great. Love the repetition even though I don't usually like "abstract". Great capture.

Ken Spencer said...

Linda, thanks for the nice comments. It's funny, the object was to clean the porch floor, but when I saw this pattern, It was drop the brush and grab a camera!

Anonymous said...

Love this! I thought it was related to a car wash since it looked like soap suds. This is so much better. Love the pattern you created. betsey