Sunday, May 7, 2023

Portrait of the Photographer in Ivy


While I was poking around in the ferns and the ivy taking photographs, I happened to see my shadow on the ferns, cast by the late afternoon sun.  I think it was only my head, shoulders and the upraised arm holding the camera.  So I took a shot and liked the effect, and then backed up to include more of myself.  When I got to this spot I took several photographs, thinking that I had something here.  It's interesting, and something different.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fun photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I thought it was crushed white rocks - hahaha! betsey

Linda said...

I did that one day. I was in town photographing a church across the street and when I looked down I could see an almost perfect shadow of myself. I thought it was great. Good eye and great shot!