Sunday, April 24, 2022

Dana's New Camera


This is an amazing story!  Several weeks ago this young woman Dana came to the door collecting signatures for a woman running in the primary for Congress.  We started talking and I don't remember how the conversation went exactly, but she said that she was doing photography.  And she was using an older medium format roll film camera, a Pentax 6 x 7.  I said "I have one of those and several lenses!"  I had considered trying to sell everything on eBay, but the equipment was not worth a lot, and not worth the trouble for me.  So I said that she could have the camera and lenses, and I would love knowing that they had all found a good home and would be used again!  So today Dana came by to pick up the camera and lenses, and she looks happy!  A great outcome for both of us!

 

3 comments:

Ron said...

That is so kind of you. It does not surprise me though, that is the kind of person you are.
The world needs more Ken Spencers.

Anonymous said...

I love this story and wonderful outcome of two happy people. It was very generous of you. You enjoyed them for many years and now Dana has a chance to enjoy your gift.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love what Ron and Joan wrote. Win-win situation: You donate your camera and lenses and Dana enjoys them. Lovely for both of you. betsey