Thursday, April 21, 2022

The New House


There is an upscale neighborhood that I ride through every time I ride my bike.  What is interesting about this place, is that in the last ten years or so I have seen at least eight smaller houses completely torn down and then replaced with much larger modern houses.  This is one of those houses.  It has been about a year I think since the demolition started.  I think this is a nice house, although I think the color is a bit garish, for my taste.  The other thing is, I wish there were windows in this house.  I wouldn't like to live here without windows.  Actually, this yellow material is a vapor barrier that they put on the wood, and then the siding of the house is put over that.  There are openings under the vapor barrier, and they will cut away the barrier when they install the windows.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! betsey