Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Strange Light


I am doing a talk next month to a group of students in a High School astronomy class.  One of the topics is "light trespass" when lights from a neighbor shine in your windows.  Last night I turned out all the lights to go upstairs and I noticed the light from a neighbor's spotlight shining into the living room.  When I went upstairs to the front bedroom,  the same spotlight from a house two streets away was shining into that bedroom.  So I decided to do some long exposure photographs, essentially in the dark.  This photo is interesting because my shadow is cast on the curtains as I stood behind the camera to take this photograph.  Very strange light indeed.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is eerie! Your shadow looks like a perpetrator breaking in from the outside.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Definitely creepy! It looks like a man is going to come through the window - yikes!! betsey