Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Due to Reader Demand...


This is not obvious, but in order to get this wide-angle photograph, since I didn't have my wide angle lens with me, I actually took two separate photographs of this building, one to the left and one to the right, and then I have software that combines them into one photograph, just like magic.  So I sent this to one of my readers who is a photographer, and who reads the blog, to show him how the shot came out.  He and his wife saw the other photo I did of these buildings on the blog, and so he called me and wondered why I posted that photograph, instead of this one.  They thought this was the better photograph because it showed more regular buildings, in addition to the two wrapped in gauze.  So that's why I am posting this one of the same subject.  You, my faithful readers, get to vote for which photograph you like better.  The first photograph was two days before this one.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am choosing this photo as it shows the massive wrapped buildings but also all of the people nearby in a busy area that are being protected from falling debris, etc. and the buildings close by for perspective. Your first photo was all about the wrapped buildings and close up photo, but I do like all that is happening in this second photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I agree! There is a lot to look at in the second photo that makes it more interesting and visually appealing.

Anonymous said...

I also like the second photo better because it really shows the size of the wrapped buildings. I also like seeing the people on the steps, the food vendors and the small buildings tucked in along the street. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for voting! Against me! :-) Just kidding, thanks very much for your votes. I can now reveal the mystery "friends" - it was Stan and his wife Ann who suggested the photograph that you all love!

Anonymous said...

I like the other shot too — but this one is especially neat. Probably because it’s not as wide as one we’re used to seeing (thus, you had to stitch it together!) So yeah, sorry, I guess I’m voting for Stan’s vote for you! :)