Friday, June 10, 2022

Street Gardens III


I photographed this scene about 10 days ago, when the light was soft and shadowless.  I thought I had a good photograph.  It was a closer view of the basket though. Yesterday, on the way back from the store, at about quarter of six, I saw this scene in bright sunshine with the shadow and realized it was a better shot.  Guess, what, no camera!  I was making a quick run to the store for something and was not thinking!  When will I learn?  Well, tonight I went to the store again at 5:30 and remembering the time, I brought my Sony a7 with me with the long zoom lens.  This is the shot I got, and I am thrilled.  I like that I included more in the frame.  It is less about the flowers this way, of course.

So of course you are now curious, and so here is the original photograph.  Which do you prefer?






 

5 comments:

Ron said...

I prefer number one. The shadows add to the photo and the snippet of the door brings an extra layer to the composition. Ron

Anonymous said...

I agree #1.....a more complete and interesting photo....textures, designs and color.

Anonymous said...

I love number one. The shadows and flowers are great, but the intricacy of the door adds so much to this stucco home.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments! I love the phrase "a more complete and interesting photo" I could not have said it better. I love that you all saw more in the first photograph. That was my choice, but I love showing all of you other versions of photographs to see what you think. It was the shadow that grabbed me as I drove by that day without a camera! Thank you all!

Anonymous said...

I like the top photo because of the design on the door, the bricks surrounding it, plus the color of the wall and the flowers. betsey