Thursday, June 2, 2022

Thunderstorm!


I was out shopping at Home Depot and a couple of other places.  I got a text from my friend Stan and he said that in Manhattan the sky was dark gray and obviously a thunderstorm was coming!  I told him I was 20 minutes from home and maybe I would make it.  But I didn't.  There was a torrential downpour and so the roads were flooded and I had to drive slow.  In the midst of that there was no throught of taking photographs, you will be glad to know.  Eventually the rain tapered off some.  I was on Shore Road and you know the trees there.  So get this, I actually pulled off the road and parked, and then did a bunch of pictures of the trees through the windshield distorted by rain.  It was only raining moderately when I managed to get this photograph.  A new way of seeing these trees...

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blur of the rain made for a great photo! Karen and I got caught in a downpour driving home from Ivoryton on Wednesday afternoon. The windshield wipers could not move fast enough.
Joan