Thursday, June 30, 2022

One Watching, Four Preening

                             

When I was down at the beach, there were a lot of geese along the shoreline.  I was watching this group with my telephoto lens and what I found fascinating was that this one goose kept its head up and never looked down, while all around the other geese were preening themselves.  I guess they have a mutual protection society where they take turns with one always on guard.  Cooperation.  So rare these days, huh?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a big fan of geese but I like your comment about cooperation. Too bad more humans don't use this method of taking care of one another...betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Betsey: That was my thought exactly as I was writing the text for the blog! So glad you are tuned in!