Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Now THAT is a Rolling Pin!


I was talking to my sister Betsey the other night and for some reason I told her about this rolling pin.  First of all it is absolutely beautiful, made from Cherry by a woodworking craftsman that I photographed years ago.  It is 23 inches long and the roller is 3 1/2 inches in diameter.  This is a BIG rolling pin!  I can't remember exactly, but I photographed a couple of crafts people and then they approached me later on and wanted to do a poster of the four of them and their crafts for a Christmas sale.  I agreed to a portrait of each of them, and my payment was to pick one object from one of the four artists as my payment.  This rolling pin was made by Dick Shanley and we have had it for years, and treasure it. Kathy uses it all the time!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect choice! I love the feel of beautiful wood and Kathy is such a wonderful baker. Of course, I had to dig out my rolling pin, that I never use, and measure it. It is only 16 inches tip to tip and 2 inches round. Great setting with the well used cloth and flour container. Imagine you had a lovely baked treat yesterday.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the photo of the rolling pin. After you told me the story of how it came to be, I was hoping to see what it looked like. Not only can Kathy use this beautiful cherry rolling pin for all her delicious baking, but can also keep you in line :-) betsey

Ron said...

I have my favorite rolling pin from my old pastry days. I love it tremendously, but it is nowhere as pretty as this one. I can only imagine (and image to taste) the wonderful array of treats created with this pin.