Saturday, October 8, 2022

A Saturday Shock!


Almost every Saturday morning for who knows how long, I have driven over to a Bagel Store three miles away (sometimes I ride over with my bike).  I buy enough bagels for Saturday and Sunday morning breakfasts.  I can't remember when I first went there, but it has to have been more than 20 years ago.  It was run by a Chinese couple who I always chatted with, and 10 years ago or so their children worked with them at the store as well.  I saw a piece of paper fastened to the door when I pulled into the parking spot in front.  I was in shock when I read their note.  They were always busy, and whether it was snowing or a storm, they were always open, even during the worst weather.  They could always be depended on.    It does seem so strange that they closed so suddenly, with no notice at all.  I guess it will always be a mystery...  I am so sad to know that they are now gone.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that your favorite bagel shop closed. The sign is amusing the way it is written...betsey

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your favorite bagel shop has closed.
Joan