Wednesday, October 5, 2022

The Magic Tree

                                             

After the astronomy meeting tonight, I walked to the parking lot with my friend John, and we were standing by this tree chatting, when I started to notice this tree.  So I was thinking about how I might photograph it.  So I took out my Sony Rx 100 which I always have on my belt, and cranked the ISO WAY up to 6400.  The exposure time was 1/2 second and I stood there and hand-held the camera and shot.  Well, what is the chance that the photograph would be sharp?   Not much.  Then I stopped being lazy and walked the thirty feet to my car and took out a tripod and started taking some photographs.  John headed to his car and apologized for what would happen when he turned on his headlights, and I said "don't worry about it."  As he drove away, he stepped on the brake pedal and the red tail lights lit up the tree and that was my shot!  Thanks, John!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool photo. Funny how it came to be. :-)
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Great Skill + Lucking Timing = Cool Pic!

Anonymous said...

Timing is everything!! Very cool looking red tree trunk! betsey

Anonymous said...

I just thought of Rhubarb! LOL! betsey