Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Fall Color Begins, Sort of...


What day was this?  Right, Tuesday.  Where will you find us on Tuesdays?  Right.  At the beach with Dunkin.'  I did notice that there was the first hint of fall color in a tree there, the first I have seen this season.  I have friends in upstate New York and in Vermont who are seeing brilliant color everywhere where they are,  and so I have been watching for any signs here on Long Island.  Yeah, it sure it subtle, but it is something.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a stillness to the photo, the one tree, the fallen leaves, the browning plants under the tree and the empty bench. It definitely feels like a fall photo to me despite the lack of brilliant leave colors. Nice photo. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Trace: Wow, thanks so much. There was something about this scene that made me stop and look and then photograph, but I had no idea what it was - just a feeling. So I am so glad you could put words to the feeling, which I have never been able to do. It helps explain the photograph to me, after the fact. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Tracy described this photo perfectly. I like the subtle colors, the empty bench and the water in the distance. betsey