Sunday, October 16, 2022

The Diet


So Kathy and I have both been on a diet, and it has really worked for me because she has not been doing her favorite thing, which is baking!  She LOVES to bake.  And that always torpedoes my attempts at weight loss.  So we are still on the diet, but Kathy wanted to bake a lemon meringue pie.  So she did, but she used a really tiny pie dish.  And then we cut normal looking slices from the pie.  But I think the diameter of the dish may only have been 7" in diameter!  So this almost looks normal until you see that the slice of pie is only slightly larger than the dessert fork!  It is so funny looking because of it's size.  So you could say that we "had our cake and ate it too" because we ended up with about 4 bites and had that delicious taste, but did not ruin our caloric intake for the day!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite pies. It looks delicious and I love that Kathy downsized the pie so that you could enjoy dessert! If you had not pointed out the comparison with the fork, I would have thought you had a large slice.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love lemon meringue pie but I haven't baked one in years. Kathy got her baking "fix" and you both enjoyed a delicious dessert without overdoing it. I am also glad that you put the fork next to the pie as I would not have realized the smaller size either! betsey