Friday, July 21, 2023

Magnificent Cumulus!


I went over to the grocery store to get some fish for dinner.  I was driving East on Sea Cliff Avenue and I saw this scene in the distance.  So because there were so many power lines and phone lines criss-crossing the street, I kept on driving until the sky was clear of the wires.  You will be pleased to know that I stopped the car and got out and did about 20 exposures as the clouds changed in such a short time.  This was one of the first exposures.  I am always overwhelmed by the magnificence of cumulus clouds.  What I love is the subtlety of the tones in the clouds, with values going from brilliant white to faint grays and then deep grays.  Cloud are such beautiful things!  I should also add, that when I was flying to assignments in a small single-engine aircraft, on an instrument flight plan, I would fly right into clouds and then be there for much of the flight, which was a kind of magic in and of itself.  I have been inside clouds, all alone in my aircraft, and that is magic as well.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Once again, stunning!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you said about flying into the clouds, being alone and feeling that it was magical. Betsey