Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The Magic of Flight, The Beauty of Earth


I usually fly out of Long Island MacArthur Airport in Islip, but for the next few weeks, because of construction work and repaving, I will be flying out of Brookhaven Airport. So instead of flying over the north shore of Long Island, we were flying over the south shore and out over the Atlantic ocean for some air work.  When I saw these islands and sandbars in Moriches Bay I asked my instructor to take over the airplane because I just HAD to photograph this!  By now he understands this with me!  Moriches Bay is relatively shallow and as the tides enter and leave Moriches Inlet, just outside the left side of the photograph, the flow of the water creates and changes the islands in the center of this photograph, and the sandbars just underwater, which surround them.  Just one more of the beautiful things on this Earth.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo. In the bottom of photo is long stretch of beach. Is that causing the inlet? Is there a road access along the beach?
Joan

Anonymous said...

It’s exciting to see some beautiful parts of earth and Mother Nature because of all the terrible storms all over the world. Thank you for posting this lovely photo. Betsey