Wednesday, July 19, 2023

What's THIS?


WHAT is this?  Any guesses?  Any part of this look familiar?  Any idea what's going on in this photograph?  OK, if you give up, you can scroll down and check the second photograph...

















These photographs, taken through the windshield of my car, while rain was pouring down, should really be titled "I AM NOT GETTING OUT OF THE CAR DURING THIS THUNDERSTORM!"  I made a quick trip over to the hardware store to pick up some lag bolts for a project, and I just knew I could get home before the thunderstorm, which I saw on the radar app on my phone, would arrive.  Guess what.  I was about 5 minutes to late pulling into the driveway, and the heavens opened!  I was not going to get soaked, so I sat in the car, and read some of my aviation checklists while I waited about 15 minutes for the storm to pass.  But I do love the first image which is abstract, that I came up with, while sitting in the car in the rain with my camera.

 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Staying in your car and catching up on messages on your iPhone during the deluge was certainly a good decision. You have now peaked my interest for needing lag bolts. Those things provide serious robust holding power so I am presuming you are not hanging pictures. Sounds like you might be adding a sister floor joist or rafter somewhere in the house (or garage)?

Anonymous said...

I actually would have guessed your garage door windows as they are very unique. Sorry you did not make it home before the skies opened up.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh - you were so adamant that you were not getting out of the car! I did not guess that the first photo was your garage windows - too blurry. Good post. Betsey