Monday, July 24, 2023

Sunset Over the Sound


At this time of year, I keep my eye out for a clear day that is a bit hazy.  That means that if things go well, I might get to photograph the sun as a giant red ball setting in the west.  I took a chance today and went up to Memorial Park in Sea Cliff, which overlooks the harbor and Long Island Sound.  And I was in luck!  There were clouds on the horizon so the sun disappeared at about this point but I still got a shot I am happy with.  I really needed that sailboat in the foreground to add interest to the photograph.  Needless to say, I needed a long telephoto image to get this photograph.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lone sailboat in front of the fading sun really makes the photo. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Absolutely! Without that sailboat the whole rest of the photograph doesn't mean very much!