Sunday, March 23, 2008

Good Friday


Whoops, again! Forgot to post last night. So you will get two tonight. On Good Friday I went to an Hispanic church to photograph the reenaction of the Crucifixion by members of the parish. I was amazed at the detailed costumes that so many were wearing for the parade through the streets near the church. The characters were so caught up in their roles, that I found the whole event really moving to watch. I followed the procession for about thirty minutes or so, and tried a number of ways of "looking" at it. I saw the shadows in this view, and thought they might add more interest. They do, but perhaps the shadows are distracting from the more central part of the scene.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I really like this shot! And I think the strong shadows lead you into the subjects rather than distract from them.