Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Philosophy


This blog is about the philosophy of photography, sort of. I was assigned to photograph a press conference in the press room at the court building. It was held by people looking for a peaceful alternative to the war, on the fifth anniversary of the invasion. I decided that somehow I would do a photograph that was really different. I was going to make SURE that it was different. Not that I would necessarily submit the photo, but I would shoot it for me for the blog. Well, here it is. Now here is the problem. I think I got the shot, but I am troubled by the result. I think that because of the woman peering over the sign the way she is (which is what attracted me in the first place) it feels as if it is a "negative" view of her. And I really admire this woman and the others at this press conference for what they are are doing. So I am not happy with the result. Just goes to show you, that you have to be careful what you do, and make sure that "truth" is not lost in the process of trying to be creative.

No comments: