Thursday, March 13, 2008

Island of Light


I was on a charter bus bringing us back from a reception at the George Eastman House tonight, and when the bus stopped on Main Street at a red light I looked out the window. I jumped when I saw this brightly illuminated bus shelter, surrounded by darkness. I quickly grabbed my Canon point-and-shoot, always at the ready on my belt, and shot across my seat mate and out through the bus window. There were silhouettes of several people waiting for the next bus. The only problem was that we were too close, and I couldn't get all of the bus shelter in the viewfinder, then the bus started moving and I didn't get a good shot! When I got back up to my room on the tenth floor, I thought I would take a look at the bus shelter, thinking that maybe I would grab my Nikon and walk down the street to shoot the photo again. But when I looked at the shelter from my high viewpoint, I thought it made a better photo! So I shot this. I like it much better, actually.

1 comment:

Amy said...

ooh, cool, i love it!!