Monday, March 31, 2008

A Wonderful Day!


So this is the "First day of the rest of my life," or something like that, right? Well, for the first day, I had a wonderful day! I took my new Nikon D300 down to the harbor late in the afternoon, and even though it was cold, I photographed for over an hour, and I have some interesting images. But... This day is my daughter Liz' birthday - she turns 40! I found this photo that I had taken years ago, with an old roll-film Polaroid, and I used it to make her a birthday card. I love this photo dearly, so kind readers, I am posting it today, and you will have to wait a day or so to see my landscape photos. This shot is worth seeing though, isn't it?

3 comments:

cheesedip said...

jen syed here....that photo literally just made my eyes misty, i think in part because you made her card from it. happy rest of your life, it seems to agree with my dad, so i'm sure it will with you as well!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture-Where do the years go? Happy Belated Birthday Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken, what a fun picture. Brings back fond memories of great warm summer rain storms followed by the "rivers" of water which would flow from the pipe at the top of Laurel Ave. How fun ! (only thing missing from photo is Mrs. Coleman yelling at Liz to be careful)