Saturday, March 8, 2008

The House Next Door


I was on my way to a course I am taking this morning, and I had no time to spare. Naturally I suddenly drove into an area with fog all around, and there appeared to be photographs everywhere I looked - well at 30 miles per hour! Oh nooooo... Photos everywhere and no time to stop! Arghhhhhhh... So I was bummed. I hadn't found my photo for the day by suppertime. I went out to start up the barbeque grill, and looked up to see gray clouds scudding low in the west, above the bare trees. I ran to get my camera, and then when composing the shot, noticed the illuminated windows in the house next door! It took several exposures to come up with the right settings, and that included pushing up the ISO speed to 1600 before I got a usable image, I made about two exposures and realized that there was one less window illuminated! Then another light went out, and another! So I realized I was done - I had to hope that one of the few exposures was correct. One was.

No comments: