Saturday, March 15, 2008

St. Patrick's Parade


While eating lunch on the 23rd floor of the Hyatt Regency on Main Street in Rochester, we heard fire sirens. Those of us present, being newspaper photographers, went out to the patio and looked over the side to see what the ruckus was all about. Imagine our surprise to see both sides of the street lined with people for as far as the eye could see in both directions, and a parade passing by. I grabbed my trusty point-and-shoot and made about 8 frames. This is my favorite, because the two flags tell it all. I have turned the image 90 degrees, and so there is something a bit disorienting about it. Then, since we were in shirtsleeves, we went back inside and continute eating our lunch. How's that for dedication!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool picture-the kids and I check the blog out daily and continue to enjoy different ways of looking at things!!!

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Trace:

You guys love this just because you are Irish! :-) Thanks so much for the comment, and I am so glad you are all enjoying the photographs.

Uncle Ken