Thursday, March 6, 2008

A World Out of Kilter


Sorry for another bleak image, but everything is so unsettling. This is about the 8th buyout, and perhaps the worst one of all in terms of morale. Everyday more news of people who I thought were "safe" maybe having to leave. So at least I tried something different in my shooting - the blur. Right, how stupid am I, shooting with the little toy camera while driving down the road. Gee, that's pretty smart... But I like that I was desperate for some kind of picture, so that desperation let to trying other things, and this is the result. OK, so I know it's not Ansel's "Moonrise," exactly. But it is about beginning to see in a slightly new way. I promise that I will have pictures that are more "sunny" in the next day or so.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, this is really cool -- and don't feel you need to promise sunnier photos, I like that this reflects how you are feeling. I, too, am so sorry to hear things are (and feel) so bleak at work. I think your photo captures it well, and I think photographs should do that, express visually how you feel inside. You've definitely done it here.

Anonymous said...

listen to the wisdom of your daughter, and stop apologizing. we are feeling some of your angst here, just as we feel the sunny side of life when you are there.