Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blue Cloud


A blue cloud on the porch. It is just a newly-arrived basket of Lobelia. I have been watching this for three days, and have shot it about four different times, at different times of day, over different days. It just looked like a blue cloud to me the first time I saw it, and wanted the photograph to have that effect. I was photographing it hanging by itself, but realized finally, that I needed this little bit of white shingled porch in order to make the picture feel like I thought it should. The color is terrible, so please click on this image to see a larger image with better color. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. If you lived closer, it might have been moved to my porch! :-)
Joan

Amy said...

So pretty! I wish little flowers like that would survive in my hands, but it's just too scorching, and it would be straw in two days... Gorgeous!