Friday, June 5, 2009

The Opening


I went to an opening tonight at an art gallery in a nearby town. It was a show of photographs by the dad of our next door neighbor. The photographs were stunning. He takes flowers, some of which have dried out and curled up, and then he scans them on a flatbed scanner, and then prints them. I rarely go to events like this, but this show was special so I went. I was kind of looking for the chance of a photo but didn't see anything for a while. Suddenly, while talking with someone, I noticed this tableau, an quickly raised my camera and started shooting. I photographed three different scenes but I loved the design of this shot, with some people close and some others further away. The differences in sizes of the people was what grabbed my attention in the first place.

No comments: