Monday, June 8, 2009

Shu Swamp


At least 20 years ago a friend told me I really needed to goto "Shu Swamp." It is a wildlife refuge that is also a swamp. So today I finally went over there. It is an astounding place! Green everywhere, and an incredible variety of plants. There are narrow trails, with small "bridges" across the small streams that run through the property. I took all kinds of photographs and then the problem is which one to choose. I picked this one because it was completely unexpected for me. It is not a landscape in the traditional sense, and I love the complexity of the image, with the highlighted leaves way in the background, a middle ground, then the foreground leaf with the shadows on it. I think complex images hold our attention for a longer time as we discover all that is going on.

No comments: