Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day!


Saw this beautiful flag hanging from someone's porch in Sea Cliff on the way to dinner tonight. It is flag day today! I put out our relatively small flag on the front porch this morning to celebrate the day. It was a flag I found in the closet of our house when we moved in. So it is fairly old, and a bit stained over the years - I think that I am supposed to burn it and buy a new, clean one, but there is something about having this flag for so long - 37 years to be exact, that I am not willing to dispose of it.

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

It's wonderful to see the American Flag displayed. I just read something a couple days ago that worn out flags that are beyond repair must be burned or disassembled for disposal. With all the porches in our neighborhood, flags are a common sight but most are not properly displayed because they are not illuminated at night between sunset and sunrise.