Friday, June 12, 2009

Water Stuff


It is interesting when I spend a lot of time in one place looking for photographs, that at first photos seem to jump from everywhere, but after a time, I have to look harder to find new things. It was late in the day when I wandered by this pond with a mirror-like surface, and so I started looking to see if I could find anything. When I first saw this, I tried focusing first on the reflection of the trees in the water. That didn't look interesting, so I focused instead on the group of leaves floating on the water, and then it seemed like a picture because of the complexity of having two "layers" - a background and a foreground. This is the result. The color is terrible, so please click on this to see better color.

1 comment:

Fuzzy said...

I love this! The leaves seems to be almost suspended. And the forms really make you look at it for a time before you know what you are seeing. It also made me think of something in a petri dish. A cluster of bacteria maybe. But a beautiful cluster. I just love it.