Saturday, June 27, 2009

Factories


When I was trying to find out information on that Superfund site where they are planning all this new development, I went to Google Earth to look at aerial photographs of the site. While carefully perusing the properties involved, I spotted what looked like a large building, but it appeared to have holes in the roof! Wow! One of my favorite things! So armed with this information, I headed over to the site, and I drove up a road I had never been on, and there were two abandoned factory buildings. Oh happy day! So I believe this is a building which was part of the infamous Li Tungsten plant, which polluted a huge area of the waterfront. I had to climb over rubble to get to the doorway where I shot this, but looking at the roof, I was not about to go any further into the structure.

No comments: