Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Growing On My Tree


Look what's growing in my tree! A shingle! How cool is that! I won't have to buy more shingles ever again - I will just wait for them to grow. Only thing is, it takes a long time for one to grow. I think I did the math on my last delivery of asphalt shingles for the roof, and I think I came up with something like 800 pounds. Which I then had to carry up the ladder to where I was on the roof! Anyhow, you can tell I am scraping the bottom of the barrel in using this photo. Sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got a chuckle out of it. So it was worth it. Di

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed you dropped a shingle. That's not something a technician like you would do, unless you were eating ice cream while you were working. Or was it a doughnut?

Ken Spencer said...

Dropped a shingle? I am throwing them off the roof every five minutes! When I cut a full size shingle down to size to fit, I then toss the leftover off the roof. And that one stuck in the tree. But I did deserve a donut and ice cream for all my hard work.