Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This Old House


This house is across from the Post Office, and every time I leave the P.O. I think that I need to photograph it. So today was interesting light - soft light from all directions so you can see more details, and I loved the cloudy sky behind it. I was taken with the fact that even though the house is a bit tired, the porch has hanging baskets of flowers, small American flags, and Japanese lanterns on ropes looped across the front. The owner clearly wants to keep the place bright and sunny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet you would like to get your hands on this baby and do some serious roofing and renovating :-)

Ken Spencer said...

This house is really interesting, in a strange way, with add-ons apparently on top of add-ons. You can only wonder how solid the basic structure is, and what someone would have to do to completely renovate it. Certainly I am way beyond the energy for THIS task...