Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Taking Out The Garbage


I took the garbage out late last night, and as I turned to come back up the driveway, I saw this. I have no idea why last night seemed any different, but suddenly the nature of the light on the house stopped me. I don't know how many nights I have taken the garbage out and seen this very same thing. It may be that there are now leaves on the trees, and they are blocking some of the light from the street light, which is what is illuminating the scene. Then, get this, I thought "Hey, I will have to shoot that some night..." Are you kidding? What was I thinking! So I walked 30 feet to the car, grabbed the camera and a tripod, and shot this when I should have - right there and then! I love the strange and mysterious quality of the light, and the building and the photo.

No comments: