Monday, June 29, 2009

Leica M2


When I was in college my freshman year, at Rochester Institute of Technology, I would visit friend's rooms, and a few of them would have whole sets of Leicas and lenses sitting on their desks. I would ask to pick one up and look at it, feel the weight of this beautifully made camera, look through it, advance the shutter, push the shutter release and hear that wonderful quiet click. When I graduated, I took my first paycheck, went down to Rowe Photographic on West Main Street, and bought this used Leica M2 for $150. Finally, my very own Leica! As you can see, it has seen a lot of use in 45 Years. Some of the leather covering has come off, but it still works perfectly. Given the cost of film, and the bother of processing, it is sad that I no longer use this wonderful machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but you still have it and all the memories of years gone by!
Joan