Thursday, June 25, 2009

The New Couch


The new couch arrived today. I think the old one was at least 20 years old or more. Yikes! Anyhow, the old one was navy blue and this one is a much lighter tan/olive color. So imagine my surprise when I came into the living room late in the day today and saw this pattern of light from the setting sun on the couch and the table next to it. The sun actually sets rather quickly, so I had to run downstairs, grab my camera, and get back upstairs and shoot this before the sun moved enough to change the design of light and shade.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our couch has a history. It was where he proposed. Down, on one knee. I wanted to laugh but he looked so fragile, as though he thought I could say no. "Will you," he asked. I looked at him, waiting for him to finish. I wanted him to say the whole thing because I knew this would be the only time I'd ever hear those words from the man I planned to be with for the rest of my life. But he was so shy! I leaned forward on the couch, hoping my closeness would encourage him. He looked at me with those sweet, adoring eyes, trying to stare an answer out of me. But I needed to hear the whole thing. I closed my eyes, like I was making a wish. Say it, I thought to myself. Just say it.
He took a breath, and it came out as a single word. "Willyoumarryme?" I slid off the couch, threw my arms around his neck and kissed him. Oh, yes, I said. Absolutely.

Anonymous said...

Love the lighting and the couch looks comfy.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Job well done..but I will miss the navy one,

Ken Spencer said...

For Anonymous: thanks again for your stories. I am going to make a slideshow with narration for the photographs you have commented on. I will put it up somewhere, and let everyone know where to go look for it. Should be a lovely thing when it is done.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Ken. It would be such an honor. Thank you for being so appreciative of my words, when it's your photographs that are truly inspiring.