Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Breaking the Bank


On my way back from the Eastman House, I took the usual route, and was astounded to see that a whole row of buildings were missing, and that this building on the corner was nearly gone. The only thing there now is a huge empty lot with construction equipment leveling the ground. There used to be a row of empty old stores in a couple of wooden houses, and at the end of the row was this granite bank building. I figured that the old stores were not long for this world, but the bank was not a bad looking building, and it was solid. I did a photograph of the wooden houses with the stores, and posted it on the blog a couple of years ago, but I don't think the bank was in the photograph. I'm sorry I didn't make a record of this building at the time.

No comments: