Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rainy Day, Rainy Night


I still hadn't taken a photo today for the blog, and was getting desperate. I took the garbage can down to the end of the driveway, and across the street I thought I saw a picture. It is a neighbor's street garden and picket fence. The scene is lit by a single streetlight and I love the feeling that this lighting gives. It seems spooky looking to me. I shot it in color, but the strange color from the streetlight was a distraction. So I converted the color to black and white - this way the form of the image has more importance than the color. The fun thing is that you would not recognize this scene in daylight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks depressing on a raining day. You should brighten our day with sunny flowers or sunsets! Joan :-)

Ken Spencer said...

But there was no sun, and all the flowers are dying... :-) OH, you mean post a photo FROM a sunny day. Hmmmmm... There's a good idea!