Sunday, September 25, 2011

One Sunset, Many Pictures - II


So after getting some nice views of the sun going down, I looked around to see what else there was. I noticed some people on the beach, then I noticed a young mother and two young children headed down to the water's edge, and I was after them in a shot! It was only when I got closer that I noticed the dad was photographing them as well, using his cellphone. And he was in MY way - I had trouble getting a clear shot of them! Then it occurred to me that a mom and to kids at water's edge at sunset was kind of a cliche. And what I had was more about real life, at least these days. So this picture is more about the dad taking a picture, than it is about the family. A bit more "real."

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

This is a neat photo! It's amazing how clear the cell phone image is compared to the scene with Mom and her kids at water's edge. Great composition, color and interest!

Anonymous said...

excellent choice!!

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks! Stay tuned, I'm not done yet... :-)