Friday, September 16, 2011

The Regatta


After the shock of seeing the flood damage under overcast skies, it was refreshing to have the skies begin to clear as we continued north toward Rochester. As we came to Seneca Lake in Geneva, I spotted these sails way off in the distance. It was clear to me that it was a sailboat race. I drove closer, and grabbed a telephoto lens, and ran to the water's edge. And a cloud came across the sun and the sails disappeared! Oh No! So I waited, and fortunately the sun came out again, and the sails lit up, and I had my shot! But this shot is really more about design, than it is about racing sailboats. It is about bands of color and tone running horizontally across the picture, and then a line of triangles at the bottom as bright accent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. The white sails & white cloud with all of the blues.
Joan

Anonymous said...

A lovely photo. Love the contrast in colors.

Diane