Friday, September 9, 2011

Something Sunny


I was on my way to my computer club meeting tonight, and blew right by this. What a dolt! It took me about 20 seconds to realize that I had just passed a good opportunity for a photograph. So I turned around, went back, and spent some time with this lovely scene. It has been a bit gray and rainy around here lately, so the patches of late afternoon sun really brightened me up. As I was driving away, I did think of something that bothered me - I was convinced that this angle, looking down the fence line was the best way to "see" this picture. After I had driven away, I thought, "Why didn't I shoot the fence straight on?" That photo would have had a different sense about it, and maybe would have been a better choice. I am bothered that I didn't think of the other view while I was still there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like "Sunny" and the view with the length & changing light. I think straight on would only give you one section and no depth. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

i agree with Joan..

Anonymous said...

I like the soft light and the shadows on the grass along with the ups & downs of the fence. Glad you chose this image. bsk