Thursday, September 8, 2011

Red & Blue


It was late in the day when I went out for my bike ride, the sky was overcast and it was beginning to get dark. Coming down the home stretch, I could see the stratus clouds to the north, through the line of the sycamore trees. The traffic lights were green but turned red before I got to them, so I had to stop. (Note: Ken stops at traffic lights when he is out on his bike!) Anyhow, I was taken by the color contrast between blue-colored clouds and water, and the bright red lights. I had to pull over, get my camera out of my bike jersey pocket, and then wait for the next red light.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red light is in the center? at any rate.. it is a lovely picture.. what a beautiful place to live!! funny..you seem to follow the rules better on a bike than in a car.. :)!

Anonymous said...

Good one- SO calming.

Sam

Ken Spencer said...

Oh man, I am BUSTED! I did not notice this! You are right, the red light is NOT supposed to be in the center! Confession - the brightness of the light compared to the rest of the photo, caused the light to be washed out, and nearly devoid of color - it was overexposed. So what I did was to "paint" the red back in using Photoshop. Only I really messed up - I took one photo and it was the yellow light. By the time I took the second shot, with the red light illuminated, there was a car in the photo, so I used the other photo, and missed that it was the wrong color light. Wow! NICE catch! What a dolt I am!

Anonymous said...

So make it yellow again. It will still be calming.

Sam

Anonymous said...

i really study your shots... :)
and i really wasn't sure if it was supposed to be that way.. i have seen street lights work differently in different places for various reasons..
it is a beautiful shot!!
i learn a lot from you.