Sunday, September 18, 2011

Golf Lesson, Photography Lesson


Jo Anne and I went for a walk today - three miles, for exercise. All along the way, I was looking for a picture for the blog but wasn't having any luck. But I kept looking. Near the end of the walk I saw a father and son hitting some golf balls, and then I saw the father give his son some pointers. So we crossed the street to get in position to shoot the picture, and they walked away from where they were hitting the balls. They went out on the field to retrieve the balls they hit. When they came back, they started packing up their clubs! Oh No! So I figured I was done, and then Jo Anne said "Why don't you go ask if they can hit some more balls?" My upbringing in the journalism profession would not allow me to do this. Then I remembered that this is just my blog and not a photograph for the newspaper, so I asked the father if I could take a photograph of them practicing again. He was thrilled, and so they went back to practicing, and I took the photograph. I showed him the image on the screen on the back of the camera, and he loved it.

No comments: