Monday, December 21, 2015

California Live Oak


We took a three hour drive today, north from Venice up to Arroyo Grande, California, to visit Barb, our friend and the wife of my friend Jim, who just passed away.  It was a beautiful drive up through a lovely part of California and along the coast for a while.  A while after we got through the San Marcos Pass, we began to see California Live Oaks.  These are stunning trees, with gnarly branches, and whenever I see them I want to stop and photograph them.  I only stopped once today to photograph, but I wanted to stop about a dozen times because there were so many beautiful scenes.  But we had promises to keep and miles to go before we sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Robert Frost! So nice of you to visit with Jim's wife.I hope your thrill of seeing the Oak trees helped with feelings of sadness... bsk