Monday, December 14, 2015

"I Don't Have the Bandwidth for Casual Conversation."


I was driving to get bagels this morning, with great expectations, because it was foggy.  I hoped for a photograph along the way and was not disappointed.  But it wasn't easy.  I took a few frames, and then realized I needed more than the trees in the photo.  I happened to notice a much older woman walking along the sidewalk behind me.  I thought I would wait for her to walk into the picture.  But she was walking so slow!  Just about the time she would have stepped into the frame she stopped and said something to me that I couldn't hear, so I just said "It's beautiful!"  Then she said "What kind of camera is that?"  Oh man, I didn't want a conversation!  I wanted her to walk into my picture!  So I backed away and she finally moved on.  And I got my shot.  The quote in the title of this is from one of my favorite TV shows, "Justified" and it was spoken by the great character Boyd Crowder, and it made me laugh, so I have included it here.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

When you have reached retirement age, how old is "much older"?

Ken Spencer said...

I retired at age 66, and this woman is 114 years old... :-) That is "much older." :-)