Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Bike Shop


About eight years ago I found this small bike shop about five miles away from where I live.  This is Bob and Laura, the proprietors, and they are warm and friendly and very knowledgeable.  It has always been fun to go in and visit when I need some new clothing, or some parts to repair my bike.  The other day I realized that the bottom bracket bearings on my bike were failing, so I went to the shop to buy replacements.  I was shocked to see signs that the store was closing!  Bob said they have been doing this for a long time, and the store ties them down.  It is really hard for them to take a vacation.  They will close at the end of the year, but he did say that he will have a small repair shop in his garage at home, and he invited me to visit.  You know I will be going there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a wonderful friendly store. Sad that they are closing but happy for them that they can follow their dreams.
Joan